My reign of stinginess is over. I got this recipe for granola from my boss and it has ruled my breakfast for months. I teased about it back in April on instagram…twice. Shame on me for just now sharing it. It’s the first time I’ve ever made my own granola and what a hit! I’ve actually never even purchased granola, as it never appealed to me, but my boss was eating it in a meeting one morning with blueberries and Greek yogurt and I was all about it!
I’ve tweaked her recipe a bit to my liking and you can play around with the ingredients as well. In the Fall it would be great with pumpkin pie spice. Not a fan of cashews? Swap in walnuts or add more pecans. It’s really easy to change it up to your liking or what’s in your pantry.
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned (not quick-cooking) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes* (hot cereal-type)
- 3/4 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1/8 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- *Note: I've subbed Qia for the quinoa flakes, as well as a combo of chia seeds and flax seeds. Qia worked well, but it's expensive (as are the quinoa flakes). I usually do the chia seed/flax seed combo.