Hey strangers! Whew, it has a been way too long since I last posted. (whispers :: last June). I meant to take a short hiatus, really I did. But you know that saying, “life happens when you’re planning?” It sure does.
Last June I was burned out of blogging. It’s a lot of work, and well, I just wanted to cook and bake and not have to worry about the perfect photo shoot. I wanted a hot meal for a change! Then life started happening. I got Invisalign, had surgery twice (one planned, one not so much), lots of work changes, Bama lost the national championship, this White House cluster, and the list goes on. I’ll admit I just got too comfortable not blogging.
- 2 red onions
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 oz. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/3 cups farro
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb. cubed peeled butternut squash (about 4 cups)
- 3 oz. brie cheese, rind removed and cubed, plus thin slices for topping
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- *Note: I don't like eating the rind of brie and I'm too lazy to remove it, so I buy the little tubs of brie that come without it. Not as authentic, but much easier to work with if you don't like the rind.