Sauteed shrimp with garlic, dried chilies and lemon juice – it's spicy, garlicky, acidic and sooooo good! You can serve this as an appetizer or have this for dinner over some baby greens with a crusty whole wheat baguette. And the best part about this dish – it's ready in under 15 minutes.
If you don't have dried chilies, you can use a generous amount of crushed red pepper. If you don't like spicy food, you can leave the chilies out completely. You can also make this with lime juice and cilantro for a twist of this dish, see Cilantro Lime Shrimp. This is gluten-free, paleo-friendly and low calorie… but trust me, you would never know it (it's THAT good!).
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 dried chilies, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley