It’s a salad, a sandwich and an egg dish all in one! This beautifully constructed meal is not a typically dish and is really delicious! It’s made with mostly refrigerator friendly ingredients too. It’s especially wonderful to serve on a special occasion for brunch. One delightful serving has 221 calories, 8 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. It’s pure bliss!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2-4 slices wheat sourdough bread, depending on the size, see shopping tip
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces, ham or turkey ham, thinly sliced, see shopping
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheese, such as Jarlsberg or Swiss
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 eggs, I like Egg-Land’s Best, see healthy benefits
- Ingredients for salad
- 6 cups spring mix or field greens lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomato, sliced in half.
- 2 tablespoons Girard’s Light Champagne Vinaigrette or your favorite light Italian dressing, see shopping tip
- Preheat broiler.
- Toast the bread and spread one side of each with mustard. Top the mustard side with 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese. Place all on a baking sheet.