On a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips.Mix the vanilla extract and let them cool to room temperature.Cream softened butter and sour cream until well blended.Blend in melted and cooled chocolate chips until smooth.Add confectioner’s sugar and beat well.Add a teaspoon of milk at a time until desired, spreadable consistency is reached.
- 2.5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp of milk or as required to thin out the frosting.