Dont forget to see the notes in the end.
What I need:
For the chicken balls: [Makes 15-18 medium size balls]
1 lb minced chicken [or lamb or beef]
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 1/4 cup mint leaves,finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1 egg [optional]
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- You can add any spices you like to the meat balls, I kept them simple.
- For the pilaf:
- 1 cup basmati rice, thoroughly washed 2-3 times in a stream of water.
- 2 cups coconut milk + 1 cup water/chicken stock
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 8-10 fresh curry leaves
- Whole spices: 2-3 cloves,1 cinnamon stick,4-5 green cardamom,2 bay leaves+4 dry red chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- generous pinch of saffron strands mixed with 1 tbsp warm milk
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil + 2 tbsp canola oil
- Salt to taste
- How I did it:
- For the chicken balls:In a medium bowl,mix all the ingredients with the minced chicken except salt, cover the bowl with cling film and let it sit for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.You may or may not need egg depending about the if how moist your minced chicken is.