Broccoli Crunch Salad is probably one of the most popular classic salad recipes. Broccoli, dried cranberries, bacon, sunflower seeds (but I also add pepitas!) and finely diced red onion is tossed in a simple, 3-ingredient dressing. Not only is this salad colorful and crunchy, but delicious too!
Pulled from the three-ring binder my mom gave me of “our family’s treasured recipes” I’ve been wanting to make this broccoli crunch salad for forever now. It just took me a bit because the recipe had zero measurements and I needed to figure that part out. But alas it’s done and oh is it delicious. Because a) broccoli! You know how I love my broccoli. And b) bacon. For the same exact reasons as a). Throw in all the other crunchy things like roasted sunflower seeds, pepitas and red onion. And let’s not forget the slightly sweet dried cranberries and a 3-ingredient poppyseed salad dressing. And just like that, you’ve got yourself the best broccoli crunch salad EVER.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (homemade or store-bought)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 strips, thick-cut applewood bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup (unsalted) roasted sunflower seeds