Three berries, one cobbler. This Triple Berry Cobbler is bursting at its seams with summer berries. It’s sweet and tart and the berries are cocooned in a deliciously moist cake. Serve spoonfuls in shallow dishes with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
What I love about cobblers is their simplicity, not only just to whip up but the ingredients too. Basically you can just pick your fruit, make the quick cake and essentially dump them together in a baking dish and pop it into the oven. <—THIS is why I love it so.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup of unsalted butter)
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 2 (generous) cups halved or quartered strawberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice from 1 small to medium lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for serving
- homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving.