This Western Frittata has everything you love about a western omelet! This one-pan breakfast is just what you need for a lazy weekend morning. I like my frittata with a little hot sauce on the side, next to buttered toast and a mug of steaming hot coffee.
If Pat and I are ever out to breakfast together, 9 times out of 10 we order an omelet. Pat prefers his smothered in sausage gravy and an obscene amount of black pepper. I like mine with crispy hash browns on the side. One of my favorite omelets is a farmers omelet because HELLO it’s filled with bacon, sausage, onions, peppers and cheeeeeese. My second favorite omelet is the western omelet. Ham, Swiss, bell peppers and onions… seriously friends, what’s not to love?
- 6 large eggs
- pinches of kosher salt
- pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup diced deli or cooked ham (if using deli ham, you'll need about 4 slices)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded baby Swiss cheese
- snipped chives, for serving
- red pepper flakes, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving