Ever since I was a kid, I have loved molasses cookies. These brown sugar molasses cookies are no different! Crisp exterior, chewy interior and spiced to perfection!
One last cookie recipe.
I know you’re probably in the throws of flour and unsalted butter, but what’s one more batch of cookies? Because molasses cookies are the best. And because molasses cookies remind me of my childhood.
My mom would make molasses cookies always and then drizzle green-tinted vanilla glaze. Sometimes I do that, but today I rolled them in extra coarse sugar so they sparkle.
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 large egg