I’m thinking Kale and brussels sprouts in the same recipe title might be a little risky.
BUT kale and brussles in the same salad?? Is pretty dang tasty. And healthy. And green.
But those aren’t the only green going on in this salad, oh no-siree. There’s broccoli, green onions, grilled asaparagus and toasted pepitas, which believe it or not are green. It’s a green power salad to say the least.
My aunt brought a very similar salad to a family gathering and I attacked it and piled a good healthy portion on to my plate. Or not so healthy portion depending on how you want to look at it. I never did end up getting her recipe, so I just figured it out on my own. Basically grab all things green plus pepitas and craisins. DONE.
- 8 ounces Brussels Sprouts, sliced in food processor fitted with slicing disc
- 1 bunch Kale, chopped small
- 8 Asparagus stalks, grilled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped Broccoli Florets
- 3 Green Onions, sliced (dark and light green parts only)
- 3/4 cup roasted Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) salted or unsalted
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- Juice of 1 small Lemon (or 1/2 of a large)
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Honey Poppy Seed Dressing