Chopped salads are my favorite kinds of salads. All those perfectly chopped pieces of veg that scoop perfectly onto my fork. Yeah, did I mention it’s totally perfect?
I prefer my chopped salads with lots of color, texture and packed with healthy goodness and I’ve recently fell in love with these bags of salad-meets-slaw that I found at my grocery store. I know, I used the word “bag” BUT trust me on this, it’s full of chopped veggies like romaine, radishes, carrots, green onions and kale and they are great for quick slaws, salads or as a topping in tacos and when in a pinch.
- 3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 cup STAR Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 (12 ounce) bags of your favorite Chopped Salad or Cole Slaw Mix (I used both Dole's Asain and Summer Garden Blend)
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Crasins
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts