I’ve been in Vermont for the past three and a half weeks. My stay was unexpectedly extended, but honestly I couldn’t be happier. It’s my favorite time of year to be here; we’ve had a surprisingly warm start to the month AND it’s been an absolute record apple season.
I mean there are apples everywhere!
Not just exploding off the shelves at the store or at our local farm stand, but the wild apple trees that grow by the sides of the road and the people who have just one or two trees planted in their yards, those trees are just bursting with fruit. It’s incredible!
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes, steamed and cooled
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 - 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh pepper (if desired)