Well…it looks like we’re going to have to indulge into two quinoa breakfast recipes in a row. Dang. Life is rough.
When it comes to breakfast I’m all about easy. While it’s most certainly my favorite meal of the day – uhh hello pancakes, waffles, pudding and more – it’s also the one that I seem to have the least amount of time for. If your morning routine looks anything like mine, then you essentially have .5 seconds to throw together something healthy (and hopefully tasty) as you rush out the door and start your work day.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla powder (or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup chia seed jam, divided ( I used this recipe but only with raspberries)
- Shredded coconut (optional)