Sunday mornings totally call for a big ol’ batch of pancakes.
For me, it’s usually just a small batch for me and Matt, but when the family comes to town, I get to really go crazy. We’re talking pancakes and waffles galore – and it’s definitely my specialty.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m totally obsessed with pancakes and would eat them every day if I could, but they, a) take time and b) they aren’t the most nutritious of breakfasts.
That’s what I wanted to achieve for you in this recipe. To make them super easy to make and have lots of nutrients in them. A pancake that you could eat every day if you wanted to and feel good about serving to your family (even on Christmas morning!).
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted with 2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)