This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
For today’s recipe I’m sharing another “once in awhile” treat. I rarely bake any more, but was inspired by a recipe for strawberry rolls with cream cheese frosting found on the Red Star Yeast website. I decided to make it more “spring” by using strawberry rhubarb jam (store bought, but if you’d like to try your hand at homemade this recipe is one of my favorites) instead of just plain strawberry and using almond extract instead of vanilla. (Thanks Nielsen-Massey for the extracts!). DH was super impressed, as were his coworkers who were the lucky recipients of the leftovers.
- 1 large egg
- 2 1?4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar (shout out to Dixie Crystals)
- 3 Tbsp canola or vegetable Oil
- 2 1?4 tsp (one package) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- Pinch salt to taste
- 1?2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3?4 cup strawberry rhubarb preserves or jam, (or any other flavor)
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1?3 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp almond extract (shout out to Nielsen-Massey)
- toasted almond slivers for garnish if desired