Nothing beats the combination of a hot cup of tea and garma garam pakoras. So here is another pakora recipe. Corn Capsicum Fritters (Pakoras) are light and crunchy textured snacks/appetizers made by sauteing some onions,corn and capsicum (bell peppers) along with spices and then mixing with all purpose flour and corn flour. For these fritters, I prefer to skip the gram flour (besan) unlike in Onion Fritters (Pakora) as it usually makes these fritters dense. You could shallow or deep fry these fritters. Serve these with some Green Chutney and/or tomato ketchup.
- 1 tbsp oil and more for frying.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sweet corn kernels
- 2 cups of mixed color bell peppers chopped finely (or you can use any one color like green or red too)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder or 1 tbsp juice of lemon (to taste)
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- salt to taste