I’m back in the Ice Cream Cake Game. My first ice cream cake was Cookies & Cream followed by a Raspberry Mango situation and my last one was this wonderful autumnal Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream Cake. I’ve been dreaming up combinations and plan to make a banana split cake this summer but I had fruit to roast for my weekly meal prep and so I jumped out of the gate with this beautiful Apricot Raspberry Ice Cream Cake. Ice cream cakes are so easy to make, I’m not sure why I don’t make a new combination every week…Oh. I’d probably eat it all. Yeah...
The apricots and raspberries are roasted with honey, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Graham cracker crumbs are tossed with salted butter….layered on the bottom of the cake, followed by melted vanilla ice cream, the roasted apricot raspberry mixture and finished with another layer of vanilla ice cream.
It’s delicate and rich. I couldn’t stop myself at once slice…. Go ahead, try it. You’ll see what I mean.
And we're off!
First we start with roasting fruit.
Apricots are halved. They get tossed with raspberries, vanilla, honey and a pinch of salt.
Look at that roasted goodness. Let's prep our cake part.
Graham crackers are crumbled. I left quite a few chunks in mine because I want a nice bite.
This cake can be made gluten free (mine was!) using gluten free graham crackers.
Graham crackers have been mixed with butter. They go into a loaf pan that's been lined with plastic wrap. This makes it easier for you to pull out the cake when it's ready.
We layer melted ice cream on top of the crumbs.
Followed by our delicious roasted fruits.
Followed by another layer of ice cream!
After some time in the freezer we pull it out. Take off the plastic wrap and cut into it.
What I love about this cake is that each slice is totally unique. It's like a work of art!
- The apricots and raspberries are roasted with honey, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Graham cracker crumbs are tossed with salted butter….layered on the bottom of the cake, followed by melted vanilla ice cream, the roasted apricot raspberry mixture and finished with another layer of vanilla ice cream.
- The fruit is sweet, kinda crunchy/icy and totally delicious. I ended up eating the fruit out of a few slices while Cooper finished off the cookie crumbles of the rest. We all have our priorities afterall.
- Apricot Raspberry Ice Cream Cake
- 1 lb. fresh apricots, halved and pitted (about 10-12)
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream