This is one of my ideal Summer meals. Grilled chicken with grilled bread, good cheese and a tomato packed salad. We eat some kind of combination like this a night or two each week during the summer. It's really an excuse to eat grilled bread.
When the tomatoes are ripe and juicy this salad is a MUST MAKE salad. It's kinda like bruschetta...but heartier!
The tomatoes pop with the capers, parsley, basil and Parmesan. They're perfect with the lemony grilled chicken. When all is said and done, this meal is pretty healthy...which means we can go nuts on a batch of S'mores cupcakes!
And we're off!
We heat up our grill or grill pan. Season the chicken breast.
Let's get our salad going. We're going to start with the dressing.
The best part? Parmesan. It's a secret ingredient.
Look at me...embracing capers. FINALLY.
I love the sharp bite of them.
In goes the parsley and basil. HELLO PARMESAN.
Salad is done.
Chicken is grilled.
Lemon squeeze for the chicken.
Let's get some salad on you.
Oh but wait... I grilled bread. Added a little olive oil and rubbed the top with garlic.
Instant garlic bread. My husband always appreciates a carb on his plate. I married well.
I also sliced up some fresh mozzarella and drizzled with olive oil. That goes on a bed of salad...that sits on the bread...and then salad all over the chicken.
- The tomatoes pop with the capers, parsley, basil and Parmesan. They're perfect with the lemony grilled chicken. When all is said and done, this meal is pretty healthy...which means we can go nuts on a batch of S'mores cupcakes!
- Grilled Chicken with Tomato Parsley Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (about 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- grilled bread, for serving
- fresh mozzarella, for serving
- lemon wedges, for serving