Someone asked me what my favorite thing to make was and I said breakfast. Mostly because it's something easily served family style and if I'm eating breakfast, there's usually time to sit down and savor the morning. As working parents, my husband and I often say "Uggh, I can't wait to enjoy coffee this weekend." And when we say enjoy, it means we're not just gulping down the fuel we need to race out of the house for school drop off and the work hustle.
So with our second cup of coffee, we have breakfast. This is what we had yesterday.
- 1/2 pound yellow potatoes, cut into 3/4- to 1/2-inch dice
- kosher salt
- 1lb. ground pork chorizo
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more as needed
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño roughly chopped (seeds & membrane removed)
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- chopped tomatoes, for serving