We just survived Cooper’s first day of Kindergarten!!! It’s funny how a date can sit on your calendar for MONTHS and then JUST LIKE THAT it comes and goes! New beginnings. New friends. New routines. New clothes. New teachers. New routes to school. New lunchbox. New haircut. New backpack. EVERYTHING IS NEW.
As someone who loves change (when I have some semblance of control!) it’s been nice to be able to say that we made it through! There were no tears (including me!) and Cooper DID NOT want to go home from Kindergarten. In fact, he was like, “Waaaaaaaait. Why are you picking me up so early? I was just getting to know my new best friend.” I did have a mild panic attack when I thought I left my dang checkbook at home and didn’t have a sweatshirt for him like I was supposed to. We made it through and that’s all that matters!
- 3 1/2 bananas, divided
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipped coconut cream
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped