Happy Seis de Mayo!!! Did you eat tacos yesterday? I hoped to but the weather was a little rainy/grey so I made this Mexican Chicken Soup instead. If I was a better food blogger, I would have posted this recipe last week and I would have lead you to some of my favorite Mexican recipes from the past (Shrimp Tacos, Taquitos, Mexican Popcorn, Stuffed Poblanos, Goat Cheese Guacamole, Cilantro Limeade, Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas, Coconut Tres-Leche Cake). But I didn’t…OOPS.
So here I am the day after Cinco de Mayo showing you an easy Chicken Tostada Salad recipe. If you’re anything like me, you could eat Mexican food all day/everyday. I seriously never get sick of it. Well…maybe when I was in Mexico for a week I might have…
With it staying light outside later (HOORAY) and the ease of this recipe, I’m able to show you something I made after work. This means that if I can do all of this and make a meal for my family, you’ll be able to do this in no time. It’s a wonderful recipe and a perfect way to use any leftover rotisserie chicken you may have. Both me and the husband ate two each. This is totally going into the weekly rotation.
Do we still get to drink margaritas today? Please say yes.
And we’re off!
This is a great recipe if you want to use leftover roasted chicken.
First we make our tostadas. Oil them up. Put them on a baking sheet & bake.
Saute onions in oil. Add garlic and then add the cooked chicken with chili powder & water. Squeeze lime on top.
After the tortillas have browned, add the cheese & put back in the oven to melt.
Mix lettuce with lime juice.
Let’s get ready to top.
Add all the good stuff on there.
Top with sour cream & hot sauce!
- After the tortillas have browned, add the cheese & put back in the oven to melt.
- Chicken Tostada Salad
- makes 4
- recipe slightly adapted from Everyday Food
- 4 corn tortillas
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- breast meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, torn into bite-size pieces
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce (6 ounces), shredded
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced small
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving