When I’m on vacation enjoying the local cuisine (in this case-tacos, guacamole & margaritas) sometimes I start to miss my regular eating routine. Although I’ve been known to say that I can eat Mexican food and never tire of it, I learned that in reality that’s not entirely true. My tastebuds were craving gigantic bowls of kale salads. I wanted big salads full of arugula and ones that encourage my hippie sensibilities. I needed salad like WHOA by day three of my vacation.
If you eat fries in Mexico, do they count as Mexican food?
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon fig jam
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- salt & pepper
- 5 oz. (about 6 cups) arugula
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts & chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmegiano Reggiano cheese