It's a shame that certain things like chocolatey chocolate cookies don't photograph well. It just means I need to be better at describing the taste for you. OK, here it goes. You ready?
While standing in the kitchen eating these with my husband (we were hiding from our 4 year old), I was able to figure out what they taste like.
These Flourless Coconut Chocolate Drops are a cross between rocky road and an almond joy candy bar mixed with crispy/chewy brownie notes.
If that doesn't get you hopping to this recipe, let me also say that they're gluten free, SUPER easy to make and they'll disappear in seconds.
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (5 ounces)
- 1 cup roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature