I’m gonna get this out of the way immediately—my husband didn’t like this grilled cheese sandwich.
I, on the other hand loved it so much I almost finished two of the four sandwiches I made. Uh huh.
Let me tell you why.
This grilled cheese sandwich is buttery & crispy and just when you think you’re crunching into a bite of the grilled bread, you realize it’s a hazelnut. The hazelnut brown butter makes it extra crunchy. I love extra crunchy. Who doesn’t? That dude who ordered his hash browns to be NOT crispy at that restaurant we went to. That’s who!
- 1 pound pumpkin, seeded & cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. of mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons Hazelnut Butter (see below)
- 1-2 tablespoons salted butter