SQUASH! Are you binging on squash like I am? In the span of one week I made this here pasta and this fab salad. SQUASH!
I almost cut my hand off while cubing up a butternut squash but that’s a different post all together.
That post will be titled MY NAME IS TRACY AND I AM A KLUTZ IN THE KITCHEN.
Let’s talk about this pasta. If you’re a pesto fan and want to shake things up, GET ON THIS PESTO immediately.
Take your traditional pesto and SHAKE IT UP with cilantro, jalapenos, pepitas & parsley. It kinda reminds me of guacamole.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- nutmeg, for grating
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pepitas
- 2 jalapeño chile peppers, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or pasted
- Juice of 1 lime