It's PARTY time today. A bunch of us food bloggers are having a virtual baby shower for our dear friend Lisa from With Style & Grace.
Lisa & her husband are about to bring a baby boy into the world and for this party, I decided to make these chicken taquitos from the new book, Tiny Food Party by my friends Teri & Jenny of Spoon Fork Bacon.
Taquitos are a hot commodity at our house. Both Casey & Cooper looooooove them but I've never made them from scratch before.
This recipe is simple, extremely straight-forward and the perfect solution for a fun party like a baby shower. With the right adobo sauce, they're gluten free too.
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 24 small (2-3 inch) corn tortillas