What makes a granola a killer granola? I'm so glad you asked!
One that includes butter, crunchy coconut and a bounty of seeds.
Toasted coconut is buttery enough, but coated in a brown sugar, butter and mixed with golden oats?
And we're off!
Let's gather the ingredients.
Chop up the walnuts or use any other nut you want! I love a good toasted walnut, don't you?
Melt butter in a pan, add in the walnuts, toss to coat. I've never done this to a granola before.
I like where this is going.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds