When you hear the word shortcake, you immediately think strawberry, right?
Get over it! Peach shortcakes are the way to go! I mean…strawberry shortcakes are absolutely delightful but PEACH shortcakes are so unexpected. When you’re baking to impress, unexpected is the way to go!
This is the dessert I made for Father’s Day yesterday and for the 5-10 minutes it took for my family to eat this dessert, I heard nothing but silence. Silence is a good sign. Silence means that everyone is too busy enjoying what they’re eating to carry on a conversation.
- 1 recipe Flaky Buttery Biscuits (see below)
- 1 pound fresh ripe peaches or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau, optional
- 1 pint best-quality vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- mint, for garnish