Sometimes when I’m leaving town on a trip, I scatter little post-its around the house for Casey to find while I’m gone. I might also make something special as a little send off, so he can eat something and think of me while I’m away..
Last week I flew up to Seattle to join Joy on her Book Tour and an hour before I left for the airport, I pulled this Brussels Sprouts & Bacon pizza out of the oven. This is one of those special somethings.
I figured I’d give him something delicious & hearty to eat while he was busy missing me. I think it worked.
- homemade or store bought pizza dough (I used half of this recipe)
- 3 pieces bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 5-6 large Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese