I’m no stranger to the whole bacon in cookies sitch. I love that sweet salty combination like it’s nobody’s business. But why limit ourselves to just peanut butter bacon cookies? Let’s go ahead and add it to my favorite cookie of ALL time (besides ginger molasses cookies). I present to you BACON Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Why didn’t I think of this sooner?
Let me tell you, these cookies are magical. The promise of one cookie makes my three year old eat ALL of his fruits & vegetables at dinner time. And after eating three cookies for dessert, my husband gives me the “I love you soooooo much” look that I always hope to see when I make special treats. Good deal.
Did I mention that these beauties are considered breakfast cookies? Think hearty oatmeal & raisins mixed with a crispy cookie/scone. Bacon is added cuz it’s always so hard to figure out if you want a sweet or savory breakfast! It’s an all encompassing cookie and it’s gonna get me into SOOOOOOO much trouble.
And we’re off!
Ingredient gathering time! Make your bacon first! Your house smells like bacon now. Great.
Sugars + Butter.
Egg addition. One at a time. Add the vanilla and let that mixer go TO TOWN.
Get your dry ingredients ready. Drink some water while you’re doing it. What is that cup doing there?
Look at how nice and fluffy it is!
Dry ingredients meet wet ingredients.
- Let me tell you, these cookies are magical. The promise of one cookie makes my three year old eat ALL of his fruits & vegetables at dinner time. And after eating three cookies for dessert, my husband gives me the “I love you soooooo much” look that I always hope to see when I make special treats. Good deal.
- Add the oats, raisins & bacon to the mixer. Do a little mixing. Just a little. Incorporate that shiz!
- Now scoop out your dough onto two parchment lined baking sheets.
- Like this…times two.
- Bake until edges are brown. Let it cool….or eat one directly out of the oven like me. We’re smart.
- Serve them up!
- Eat them up! Share them, hoard them, and go nuts. Bacon in cookies are your new best friend.
- Bacon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- makes 24
- (recipe slightly adapted from Bon Appetit)
- 8 oz. bacon
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup raisins