A few weeks ago I went out to eat at restaurant near work and had the most AH-mazing kale slaw. It was a special and will probably not to be on the menu again (at least that's what the waiter said). How am I to resist a special kale slaw? It's my kryptonite! My coworker and I ordered the slaw and on the first bite she realized it had garlic in it (she's allergic to garlic!).
When the waiter came back, she asked for a different salad and just when he tried to take her plate away, I called dibs on her slaw. Yeah, I totally did that. The waiter gave me a weird look, but after a few bites of my own slaw I realized that there was no way in HECK I'd let any bit of that slaw go to waste.
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, shredded
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (both white & green parts)
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped (peanuts can be used)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & pepper