TEXT MESSAGE BETWEEN HUSBAND & WIFE:
Husband: What’s for dinner?
Wife: Spaghetti squash w/ mushrooms
Husband: K. be home in 15.
After texting his wife, husband drives home with the thought of digging into a big bowl of creamy/carb dense spaghetti with mushrooms & a full glass of wine. When husband walks up to the kitchen table, he looks deflated after realizing he’s been duped AGAIN with spaghetti squash! Why does his wife always try to pull a fast one? Doesn’t she know he’s not vegetarian?
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped (about 8-10 leaves)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper