Are you sitting down? Good. So, I baked these banana doughnuts to share with you. That’s right, baked. I spared a few calories by baking the doughnuts but don’t worry I made up for it on the back end. Peanut butter frosting sounds pretty amazing right? What could possibly make it better?
Cue the flashing lights, throw confetti in the air, hug the person next to you because Browned Butter has made its way into this peanut butter frosting. Check out those browned butter bits! That’s totally not vanilla bean, it’s butter!
A banana bread like doughnut gets glazed with a sweet/savory peanut butter & browned butter frosting. Watch out, you’re getting drool on your keyboard!
And we’re off!
Get your ingredients together.
Dry ingredients in a bowl.
Prep your wet ingredients & spray your doughnut pan with cooking spray.
Dry meets wet! Stir stir stir.
Fill up your pan with batter. Off to the oven it goes.
Let’s make some browned butter! As if peanut butter frosting wasn’t enough…
Hello peanut butter.
Melt the peanut butter in the microwave. Get that browned butter off the stove.
Peanut Butter + Browned Butter = True Love.
Now add in your confectioner’s sugar. 1/4 cup at a time.
Oh look who decided to show up!
Let the doughnuts cool and dunk them in the peanut butter frosting.
Keep it up. This recipe makes 12 total! Watch out.
Take a break.
- Cue the flashing lights, throw confetti in the air, hug the person next to you because Browned Butter has made its way into this peanut butter frosting. Check out those browned butter bits! That’s totally not vanilla bean, it’s butter!
- Banana Doughnuts with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Makes 12
- (recipe heavily adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- hot water