Do NOT adjust your computer screen. That really IS strawberry & basil you see on a crostini. This bruschetta is a riff on the oh-so-fab Caprese salad, except we substitute fresh mozzarella with GOAT CHEESE and tomatoes with STRAWBERRIES! And what do we get?? Crazy deliciousness! The strawberries are mixed with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, which brings out their underlying tang & sweetness. Shreds of basil provide some greenery and a hint of sophistication! And the goat cheese…it’s just pure decadence.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled & quartered
- 1 log goat cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 5-6 basil leaves, shredded
- 25-30 crostini (see below)
- kosher salt