Welcome to another edition of CLEAN OUT YOUR FRIDGE, SOUP!
I threw together this Mexican Inspired Vegetable Soup at the beginning of the week and am quite fond of the results! There's over 6 different kinds of vegetables up in there! I have a bunch of leftovers in the freezer and am currently devouring a bowl for lunch. I roasted a corn tortilla over an open flame on my stove and crumbled bits of it into the soup! It's absolutely scrumptious with avocado chunks and hot sauce on top!
I should note that this recipe is vegan! I know I have some vegan readers out there, so this one's for you! My husband who is definitely not vegan really enjoyed it. I got an instant message from him at work yesterday that said:
"Really good soup, honey."
Hooray! I'm happy that he got his daily requirement of vegetables at lunch. This pleases me.
A huge dose of fiber and an insane amount of hearty vegetables in one bowl?
AUTUMN?!? BRING IT ON!
Hearty Black Bean & Sweet Potato Soup
Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print it.
- Welcome to another edition of CLEAN OUT YOUR FRIDGE, SOUP!
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 32 oz. container vegetable stock
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (a heaping one is just fine)
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- 2 12 oz. cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 corn tortillas, diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- hot sauce
- salt & pepper