This Banana Caramel Poke Cake has a VERY moist cake layer topped with Banana JELL-O Pudding flavored Cool Whip. Caramel in the cake AND drizzled on top with some Nilla Wafers completes this luscious dessert.
I’ve never made a poke cake before. Wait, I’ve made JELL-O gelatin poke cakes. But never the kind that uses sweetened condensed milk.
After making this banana version, I AM SUCH A FAN. I can’t wait to make my next version.
I combined sweetened condensed milk with a jar of caramel ice cream topping sauce. It was a lot of moisture on top of this cake, BUT please, don’t let that deter you. Once you refrigerate the cake over night, it all gets soaked up and creates a super delicious bite of caramel banana cake.
- 1 box (16.5oz) yellow cake mix (with ingredients to prepare, according to box)
- 1 box (3.4oz) banana cream JELL-O pudding mix
- I can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (12oz) caramel ice cream topping sauce
- 1 box (3.4oz) Banana cream JELL-O pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 16oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup Nilla Wafer cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping sauce