I’m one of those poor, unfortunate saps who thinks cilantro tastes like soap.
You know what else tastes like soap? Soap.
And I don’t eat soap. Not since I was 8 years old and my momma lived the horror of her daughter discovering the word “shit”.
Clearly though aversion therapy didn’t fucking work because I still cuss like a sailor on a bender in a bar filled with bad whiskey and hot broads.
I am a hot broad, by the way. So I can totally say that.
But yeah. Soap? Doesn’t taste good. Cilantro? Pretty much in the same camp. Bunk beds, wood cabins and campfires included.
- 1 C flat leaf Italian parsley, non-leafy ends removed
- 1 C cilantro, non-leafy ends removed
- 1/4 C fresh Oregano, leaves only
- 1 Medium sized shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 1 Tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/2 Tsp smoked paprika
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper