Last week, someone asked me what my favourite kind of potato was. It was 12:30am and I was in the back of a taxi with one of my best friends and a very beautiful journalist. It was the journalist asking me about potatoes. I don’t think it was a journalisty question though, I think she just really likes potatoes.
I can relate. I love potatoes. Like, desperately love potatoes. I like them mashed, boiled, fried, baked, made into croquettes or waffles, curly, in little smiley faces, roasted, layered with cream and onions, anything you can think of. Potatoes and me get on.
- 1 large potato - preferably red potato, but a baking potato would be fine
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- Cheddar cheese, cut into slices
- 1 slice of bacon
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of creme fraiche/sour cream/Greek yogurt