I have been trying to eat clean. I know the blog posts you see on here don't always depict that. The rest of my family has to enjoy food and then there are times you just need to try a new recipe. I have been trying to swap out full fat for reduced and portion control. That is huge! I am also trying to eat more fish. Unfortunately the adults in our home are the only ones that like fish. When The Ballplayer was little we could trick him into eating fish sticks by saying they were chicken. That isnt going to work now I am afraid. He likes what he likes and wont budge.
This was a very easy recipe. I bought a huge bag of frozen salmon (think costco) and took out a couple pieces and tossed into the fridge in the morning.
- Mustard- and Brown Sugar- Rubbed Salmon
- recipe adapted from Preventive Magazine
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Stir together the sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, and mustard in a small bowl. Press the sugar mixture evenly onto the top surface of the fish.