Sometimes I feel like changing things up and boy did I this time! I took a family favorite and spun it! Some liked it and some not so much. My kids are not a fan of sweet potato mash. I am not sure if it is a texture thing or that they just love my mashed potatoes with all the heart stopping goodness and refuse to love anything else. Elverything else on this meal was a hit. The Dijon was a nice change for a dinner time meal.
- Dijon Chicken Fried Steak with Pan Gravy
- 4 cube steaks
- 4 tb dijon approx
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup oil
- I started with smearing Dijon Mustard on both sides of the cube steak
- I like to put the flour into a pie pan and then season with salt and pepper
- Poor Louie is not impressed. Maybe when I start frying meat he will be
- I took a smear of flour and floured a cookie sheet so I could put the floured steaks on the cookie sheet
- dip the steaks into the flour and really press the flour into the steaks
- Then place them onto the cookie sheet and put into the refrigerator uncovered for 30 minutes
- add about 1/2 cup oil to your cast iron pan and heat on medium high. Fry the meat until golden brown on both sides
- When the meat is all cooked remove all oil except 2 TB leaving any crumbs in the pan. add 2 TB flour using a whisk. Add using a whisk 2 cups of warm milk (I like to put mine in a microwave for a minute or so before) and cook on medium until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste. (sorry I got busy on the phone and didn't take any pictures of the gravy)
- Do you ever play with a classic recipe?