The best bart about game day is the game food. And this Seven Layer Dip with Guacamole has to be a part of your game day spread.
Chips and dip are always a go-to appetizer. For this classic version, I kept with the must-have ingredients, but mixed it up with a little spice and used some fresh ingredients to brighten up the dish.
And the one thing that makes this recipe the best…
The homemade guacamole. Like so many of us these days, I’m obsessed with avocados. Hello avocado toast. This is my go-to easy recipe for guacamole, which is also great as a dip by itself.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno, seeds removed for less spice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- 1 15.5 ounce can refried beans
- ½ teaspoon diced jalapeño, seeds removed for less spice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup romaine or iceberg lettuce, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving