Running With Tweezers
Instant Pot Sweet Potato, Carrot and Red Lentil Soup
everything bagel-spiced brussels sprouts January 9, 2017
I blame Turkey and the Wolf in New Orleans for this. 100%. On our last visit, I had their “everything bagel wedge salad” which is everything you imagine it to be – a wedge salad that has been rolled around into a pile of everything seasoning. it was glorious and rekindled my love of everything “everything”. Also: if you have a chance to go eat there, do it. Everything is insanely good.
This isn’t so much a recipe as it is an idea. A philosophy. A new life goal – to see how many different things you can put this seasoning blend on. Crust some goat cheese with it. Make some ricotta crostinis and sprinkle this on top. Use this roasting method with cauliflower or broccoli – I’m going to try the latter immediately. I also need not tell you that these Brussels paired with salmon or smoked salmon would be killer…and we topped these with an over easy egg and weren’t mad about it at all.
everything bagel-spiced brussels sprouts – serves 2 to 4
For the seasoning blend:
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pretzel, kosher or other coarse type salt – I used a lovely yellow salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 or 3 heaping tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning
- 101 Cookbooks