Everyone needs a couple of recipes in their collection that are versatile, kid-friendly, freeze well, and taste amazing. This is one of mine.
My kids, for some ungodly reason (and I am claiming it has nothing to do with my genetic pool) love pizza rolls. You know, those cheap, frozen pizza pillows stuffed with God only knows what. Yeah. Those. I do not buy them unless it is a birthday (birthday rule #1 -you can eat what ever you want) but they are now old enough to buy them with their own money and sneak them in stealthily.
- 1 recipe biscuit dough (to make 12 biscuits)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound browned and seasoned ground beef or Italian sausage
- 4 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1½ cups Pasta Sauce (I like Newman's Own Sockarooni Sauce for this recipe)
- Onions, green peppers, olives, whatever else you like