[I made this creamy Butternut Squash Hummus for Earth Fare!]
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m obsessed with hummus. And chickpeas in general, really.
Cue this Coconut Green Curry Hummus, this Spinach and Feta Chickpea Pasta, these Chickpea Flour Crepes, this Moussaka with Chickpea Bechamel, and this Gazpacho with Crispy Chickpeas!
Hummus is the ultimate snack food because it’s got protein, carbs, and healthy fat (depending on the oil used) to keep you full between meals.
But this hummus. This hummus is beyond.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 tablespoon organic white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pomegranate arils and chopped pistachios for garnish (optional)