Crock Pot Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili
29 November, 2016
Jump to recipe
[I created this delicious Crock Pot Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili for Earth Fare!]
It’s just a fact of life, so there’s no real point to complain about it… but I’ll do it anyway and call it venting.
I HATE HOW DARK IT IS WHEN I GET OFF WORK IN THE WINTER.
In the summertime I head out of the office at 5 and it feels like I have ages to get stuff done before the sun goes down.
Walks! Shopping! Reading a book in the evening sunshine! You Name it! That extra sunlight makes room for so many after 5 o’clock activities.
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups kale, chopped
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce + 2 tablespoons of sauce from the can (2 peppers for mild, 3 for spicier)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, for sautéing
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Green onions, chopped
- Cilantro, coarsely chopped