Pumpkin and Sage Risotto
16 November, 2016
Jump to recipe
[I created this cozy Pumpkin and Sage Risotto for Earth Fare!]
It took me way too long to try making risotto, because for some reason, I thought it would be really difficult.
Or I thought it was really easy to mess up.
But this Pumpkin and Sage Risotto taught me a lesson. When you don’t try something because you’re afraid it will be too hard, or you’re afraid you’ll mess up, you might end up missing out on something really delicious.
- 1 cup Aborio rice
- 2 tbs organic butter
- 3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup dry white wine (like Chardonnay)
- ½ cup water
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs minced fresh sage leaves
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or parmesean
- Salt and pepper