Are you looking for a yummy side dish that is packed full of veggies? Crock Pot Mexican Rice Veggie Bake layers vegetables, beans, salsa, rice and cheese together into a delicious crock pot casserole. Kids of all ages love this crock pot side dish for taco night.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
I recently saw an oven version of this recipe in one of my favorite new cookbooks, 150 Recipes in a 13 x 9 Pan. I have been converting all kinds of the great oven recipes in this book into new slow cooker family favorites around here!
Crock Pot Mexican Rice Veggie Bake Recipe
Note: Scroll to the bottom of this post for a printable version of this recipe.
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, Peeled and Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 16 oz Can Refried Beans
- 15 oz Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Cup Salsa