Byline: Ashley Srokosz
A few short months ago, I was that Mom who couldn’t stop from telling everyone how my son eats whatever we put in front of him with gusto.
How we don’t make him special meals.
How he even eats, wait for it, kale .
Then he hit 20-months old, started using the independence lobe of his brain and decided that he only wanted to eat noodles (“noni”), pizza (“pipa”), toast (“toastie”, don’t ask me where he got the “ie” at the end from) and cereal. Basically, carbs, carbs, and carbs, with a little tomato sauce thrown in for good measure.
- 2 cloves raw garlic, peeled
- 2 cups kale, washed and stems removed
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp real salt (Himalayan pink sea salt, Celtic grey sea salt, Redmond’s Real Salt)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper