I love drinking my breakfast! I love it because it’s a quick way to get all my nutrients and I get something that pretty much taste like a milkshake for breakfast! The other pro to this little liquid meal is that children LOVE it. I bet when tasting this recipe you’d never know that it’s full of spinach and great for you superfoods! I’m not one for deceiving children and having them think something is different then it really is, so I like to explain to them that this is a really yummy way of eating their vegetables! It’s worked so far once they’ve tasted it. The color and beauty of the smoothie really help too.
*for children, I leave out the Maca and sometimes the Cacao. Maca can have effects on hormones and little ones don’t need that yet. For use adults, it helps balance out our hormones…it acts as an adaptogen.
- 1 cup of water or nut milk (almond goes best with this blend)
- 1 1/2- 2 cups of frozen raspberries
- 1 small bunch of spinach
- 1 teaspoon of maca (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of lucuma (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice